S&C Slatter is an exciting, fast growing, specialist contractor serving the sports, leisure and education sectors. If you’re an experienced and ambitious sports Contracts Manager then we’d love to hear from you…
- Working within the Contracts Team and liaising with site teams and senior management
- Overseeing a number of (potentially multi-disciplinary) projects at different stages
- Managing specific requirements and dealing with client teams in a professional and respectful manner
- Collaboration with the Estimating and Design teams to achieve innovative and efficient designs
- Overseeing subcontractors and ensuring they deliver to agreed targets and quality standards
- Site establishment including levels
- Surveying sites throughout the build to ensure compliance
- Ensuring orders are placed with our Procurement Team
- Targeting defect-free handovers
- Working closely with H&S Manager to ensure teams are working safely and in line with latest guidance
- Comfortable working on Main Contractor and Independent School sites
- Awareness of Contract terms and identifying variations and differences
- Experience managing costs and forecasting cash flow
- Positive attitude and keen to solve problems
- Experience in sports construction
The role is based at our head office, conveniently located just off the junction of the A34 and M4 at Newbury. The role requires working on sites across the country and we are able to offer some flexibility on home and office working.
We are offering an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with experience, and strong career progression prospects within an established and respected contractor.
- Company Car
- Mobile phone and laptop
- 25 Days holiday
About S&C Slatter
Over three decades S&C Slatter has built a market leading position, and enviable reputation, for the design, construction, and maintenance of first-class sports facilities. Our clients range from grass roots clubs to world famous institutions and global icons of sport including Eton College, Cambridge University, Coventry Rugby Football Club, Marylebone Cricket Club, and Everton Football Club.
We were the world’s first contractor to be awarded FIH Certified Field Builder status by the International Hockey Federation and are one of just five construction partners approved by the Football Association AGP Framework. We build Rugby Football Union Certified artificial grass pitches and were the first company to construct a Major League Baseball field in Europe.
Our expertise extends to multi-use games areas (MUGAs), tennis and netball courts, changing and spectator facilities, access roads, car parks, and landscaping.
Last year we signed an exclusive partnership to bring North America’s leading athletic track surface to the UK market and developed a unique finance proposition to help clients fund new facilities.
From design and planning to funding and construction, we provide an unrivalled turnkey solution for leisure centres, sports clubs, schools, universities, stadia, and elite sports teams.
Throughout the pandemic we have continued to grow our core areas of business and have fully succeeded in executing strategic moves into new areas of operation. As a result, we seek an experienced sports Contracts Manager to join our busy team – someone who shares our energy, professionalism, and desire to get the country playing sport!
Send your CV and Cover Letter in PDF or Microsoft Word formats to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.