Location: The Netherlands – Nijverdal
Company: TenCate Grass
Education: University degree or higher
TenCate Grass is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of synthetic turf components and the design of synthetic turf systems for sports applications such as football, hockey, rugby, tennis and many other sports, as well as for landscaping and leisure.
Our activities span the full value chain, starting with the manufacturing of grass fibres and backing, through the manufacturing of tufted, woven and hybrid turf carpet up to and including installation and maintenance of sports surfaces and landscaping projects.
This allows us to take full responsibility for the quality and integrity of our products and systems, thereby ensuring full customer satisfaction. This is consistent with our ambition to be the best supplier in our industry.
TenCate is a true global player, with manufacturing plants in North America, Europe, the Middle East and in Asia Pacific. Our direct sales presence in many countries is supported by strong relationships with partners in others.
CTI (Centre for Turf Innovation) is a new research and development initiative from TenCate Grass. The centre has been created to support the next generation of synthetic turf systems and to improve our understanding of their performance. We are creating a new position of Project Manager to support our growing investment into R & D. You will manage members of the CTI team, work closely with other areas of the TenCate Grass Group, our clients, and partners. You will report to the R & D Director of Turf Systems.
What will the job involve?
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the daily operations and management of Centre for Turf Innovation including planning, execution and delivery of our aims and objectives. These will include a wide range of topics including our research, certification, and product development. You will be responsible for supporting the CTI team and also support on external engagement with our partners, clients, and external influences (sports bodies, etc…). The role will require managing a range of projects and people simultaneously and to tight deadlines in a fast-changing sector. Given the holistic nature of the work undertaken at CTI you will need to work closely with your colleagues at the centre but also with other departments within TenCate Grass and our partners including Universities, Sports Governing Bodies, Clients and Suppliers.
Some of the main tasks will include:
- Contribute to developing and delivering our research and innovation priorities
- Support product development including new products and improvements to our existing portfolio
- Engage with external companies and organisations to demonstrate TenCate Grass products and knowledge
- Work with a team of R & D professionals to support system design and component analysis
- Research new and emerging technologies for use within our turf systems
- Help develop and supporting our sustainability initiatives to lead the market in green technologies
- Linking between other TenCate Grass companies and external organisations to get the right people and skills involved in research projects
- Work with key industry stakeholders including FIFA, World Rugby, FIH and many others
Who are we looking for?
You will be a key part of one of the most important departments of our company taking on a leadership role to help drive the team with the support of the R & D Director of Turf Systems. You have experience of management and working in a specialist team. You are a driven person, forward thinking and outward looking. You are inquisitive and always looking for new trends and developments. Finding solutions in a logical way but also able to change knowledge conceptions and ideas.
You should be able to use your own initiative to drive product development, system testing and research agenda thinking in solutions not problems.
Furthermore, an ability to understand data and make informed evidence-based decision is essential. An understanding of the sports turf marketplace is essential this should include an understanding how the industry works and the commercial necessities driving the sector. Critical scientific literacy is essential as is the ability to disseminate information in a user-friendly way to relevant stakeholders that may not be scientific literate.
Besides this, you have the following profile and qualifications:
- Knowledge of the sports surface industry and extensive experience
- Experience of working in an R & D and product development role is required
- Building collaborative internal and external relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of managing a team and project management
- University degree in science, engineering, or technology (desirable but not essential in lieu of experience)
- Excellent presentation, social and communication skills
- Fluent in English including verbal and written
Note: existing knowledge and expertise in synthetic turf is considered essential for this role.
You are challenged to work within a dynamic organisation in a fast-changing environment. You will be surrounded by colleagues with passion for our business. We highly encourage new ideas, out of the box thinking and ambition to be the best at what we do. You will have the opportunity to contribute to this and to be part of the future success of TenCate Grass.
It goes without saying, that a compensation package consummate with the role and your expertise will be offered and an employment agreement for an indefinite period are also part of our offer.
The role will be predominantly based out of our head office in Nijverdal at the new CTI laboratory, but some national and international travel will be required.
Then apply for the job by sending your application to Marlinda Timmerman, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal discussions are welcome direct to Colin Young, Research and Development Director Turf Systems: email@example.com
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.