Lano Sports, a business unit within the Lano Group, are looking to recruit a UK-based Project Manager who will be responsible for running the latest AGP (Artificial Grass Pitches) Football Foundation Framework.
Lano Sports are a leading manufacturer of artificial turf for football, hockey, tennis, rugby and multisport. We share our passion for sports with our customers and this enables us to develop revolutionary systems for sports pitches.
This national framework has been created to procure suppliers for the Football Foundation’s AGP delivery programme.
The objectives of the framework are:
- To deliver high levels of end user satisfaction with the artificial grass pitch installation that improve and enhance the experience for participation in sport;
- To deliver a completed artificial grass pitch installation that is sustainable for the facility owner and user;
- To increase efficiency and deliver added value over the life of the framework through supply chain integration, process improvement and other initiatives, through collaborative working;
- To learn from shared experiences on the framework and to adapt, develop and improve the quality of artificial grass pitch installations over the life of the Framework Alliance Contract.
The value of works for this 4-year framework is £252m with an anticipated delivery of 100 no. pitches per annum. Contracts are secured via a competitive, or direct awards procedure. Once secured, projects will involve a two-stage design and build approach.
Lano Sports have already secured several of these contracts and is delivering these framework projects alongside their construction partners CLS Sports.
Lano Sports are looking to recruit a framework/project manager to oversee the delivery of their projects secured under this framework. This will include the planning, design, construction and maintenance phases. This permanent role requires both client relationship management and leadership skills as you will be required to liaise closely with the end client/user and our construction partners CLS Sports.
You will also be the single point of contact for the Framework Managing Consultant (Robinson Low Francis).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordination of all framework projects and resources to ensure smooth and efficient delivery.
- Close liaison with the end client throughout all stages of the project.
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress to the UK Lano Manager, CLS Sports Contracts Director and the FMC.
- Ensuring H&S procedures are strictly followed on site.
- Ensuring KPIs are successfully achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working as part of an integrated team with the other 5 framework suppliers to deliver mutual objectives for successful project outcomes.
- Management of pitch maintenance delivery.
Key Skills Required
- Construction-related background, educated to HNC or degree level.
- Commercial mind-set and high level of business acumen.
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent organisation and time-management.
- H&S and Environmental awareness within the construction industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Client management, relationship building and an ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels.
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
As you will be required to undertake site visits across the country, you will need to hold a clean driving licence.
The role will be home or office-based dependant on the location of the successful candidate. You will, however, be required to regularly visit our construction sites across the UK, the Lano office and the CLS Sports office.
Salary and Further Details
We will offer a competitive salary relevant to experience with car and expenses.
For a more detailed description of the role, please refer to the Lano website link. If you would like any further information or an informal chat about the role please email email@example.com.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team within the UK sports pitch construction industry.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 02 July 2021.
Lano are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, age, race, disability, pregnancy or maternity.
All applications will be treated confidentially.