ProPitch Ltd (part of the Sports Lab Group) are a market-leading Natural turf consultancy business offering our clients a range of independent pitch support services. From tournament delivery at the elitelevel to pitch construction quality control, feasibility studies, design and planningservices, tender evaluation and agronomic support, we are a leader in the field of sportssurfaces and golf course agronomy.
ProPitch also offers a range of market leading data recording and analysis solutionsgiving our clients access to our extensive database and experience with regards topitch performance criteria.
Sports Turf Analyst (reports to ProPitch consultants/agronomist)
Due to an increased level of business and as a commitment to strive to provide the best possible service to our clients, ProPitch is delighted to be looking to recruit a dedicated and highly motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Sports Turf Analyst. The role will require you to be based in the South East of England/London region. Working in a fast-paced environment across a range of elite venues, competitions andindustry leaders, this role will involve, but not be limited to working in both Sports turfpitches (Football/Rugby) and Golf environments, visiting locations, collecting data from golf courses and sports turf pitches, both on-site and remotely. The role provides a fantastic opportunity to the successful applicant to advance and diversify their career in Sports turf management at the highest level.
It is desirable, but not essential for the successful applicant to have experience working with turf in both Golf and Sports turf pitches, as well as the ability to work independently or as part of a team. They must have excellent organisational skills, be able to interpret turf-related data accurately and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The role requires a passion for sports turf and golf greenkeeping, a commitment to providing quality service, and the ability to work flexibly.
The successful applicant will be required to work with our team of consultants to ensure that data collection is carried out efficiently and accurately and in accordance with standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Collect data relating to the safety and performance of playing surfaces and golf greens
- Collect agronomic data from playing surfaces and golf greens
- Assess playing surfaces remotely
- Create reports from data collected remotely
- Assess and review surface data submitted to ProPitch
- Have a high level of motivation and ambition
- Maintain a reliable and enthusiastic attitude
- The desire to achieve the highest level of excellence
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
Qualifications and Experienced (desired, not essential)
- Qualifications in Sports Turf Maintenance to Level 2 or other relevant equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience maintaining football pitches/golf greens
- Have experience working at a professional football club on matchdays
- Have experience maintaining a golf course throughout tournament use
- Full clean UK driving license
- Good IT ability – MS Word, Excel, Adobe and other standard software packages
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to excel in this role, we look forward to hearing from you.
39 hours per week
8-5: Mon to Thurs
South of England
HOW TO APPLY
Send your full CV and letter of application to : firstname.lastname@example.org