PLIXXENT offers innovative polyurethane-based technologies. As a specialist for standard solutions and customized systems, we accompany our customers along the entire value chain – from initial consultation, through formulation and validation, to after-sales support. In-depth know-how in the development, production and processing of polyurethanes, flexibility in the procurement of raw materials and a European team with decades of experience make us a reliable, high-performance partner – and an attractive employer with a wide range of career opportunities.
PLIXXENT acquired Polytech Liquid Polymers (Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK) in 2021; an opportunity has arisen at Polytech for a Sales Manager for our Polyurethane (PU) Binders business, reporting to the local Sales Director.
YOUR NEW CHALLENGE
As a UK-based Sales Manager (m/f/d) you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage and develop existing customers in the UK and English-speaking customers around the globe, and support PLIXXENT colleagues across Europe
- Expand the customer base by scouting for opportunities and developing new business – growth is our nr. 1 target
- Monitor, facilitate and optimise commercial relationships and customer sales patterns
- Understand market needs and ensure customer satisfaction
- Analyse the current customer base to identify opportunities, challenges and threats
- Monitor market developments and competitor activity
- Implement the strategy for the relevant product portfolio
- Manage customers and market segments to achieve the budgeted profit and volume and optimise the margin
- Conduct strategic negotiations with customers and intermediaries
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING WITH YOU
As a UK-based Sales Manager (m/f/d) you bring the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Several years of experience in similar roles in B2B Sales and/or technical service
- Knowledge of the Polyurethane market and of Polyurethane technology would be an advantage
- Experience in any of the downstream markets using PU Binders would be especially valuable
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); additional languages could be beneficial
- A formal qualification in chemistry or polymer science could also be advantageous
- Results- and performance-driven team player, who finds solutions to challenges
- Strong customer and service orientation, with sound commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels, both internally and externally
- Proactive thinker who demonstrates enthusiasm, tenacity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Analytical and organisational skills, with a structured approach to work
- High credibility and trustworthiness
- Enjoy working in an international company and collaborating in cross-functional teams
- Willing to travel when required (domestically and internationally)
- Strategic thinking and project management experience
- IT literacy (eg: MS Office)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At PLIXXENT we offer you a state-of-the-art working environment and all the advantages of a medium-sized, international company in start-up mode. We offer you the freedom to contribute your own ideas and take on responsibility. We cultivate a collegial atmosphere and work in a project-oriented manner.
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
The role will be based at the Polytech Liquid Polymers site, close to Macclesfield, in the north-west of England. A home-office location will also be considered.
We are looking forward to your application. Please send your application together with a covering letter and your salary expectations as a PDF file to: email@example.com.
PLIXXENT respects the principle of equality when hiring people. We do not discriminate based upon religion, race, national origin, gender, colour, sexual orientation, disability status or similar characteristics. All hiring in PLIXXENT is decided on the basis of background experience, knowledge and merits according to our business needs.