Members are invited to book places at this year’s SAPCA Golf Day on Wednesday 28 June 2023 at the magnificent St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club in Chepstow. The SAPCA Open 2023 will be the twenty-second time that the competition has taken place, and will be played on the magnificent Par 72 7,028 yard Championship Old Course.
- Designed by C.K. Cotton, opened in 1962, remodeled in 2008 by Ross McMurray
- Hosted the Solheim Cup and many other European tournaments – boasting six past Ryder Cup Captains as champions.
- Designed around an 11-acre lake lined with century-old trees – a beautiful test of skill
- 400 year-old chestnut tree awaits your play on the second fairway
- The signature hole is the 18th, requiring a precision shot 235 yards across the lake’s edge to a raised green
Following the continued success of recent years, we are again expecting another successful event this summer, as the day will again provide a valuable and very popular opportunity to socialise and network with friends and colleagues, new and old, from across the industry.
As well as the golf tournament, there will again be an informal networking lunch, and the opportunity to take part in a group golf lesson in the afternoon. The evening’s dinner is also open to any members that would like to attend and enjoy the occasion.
For the golfers the programme for the day is:
- Tea, coffee, bacon rolls on arrival from 8.00 am onwards.
- Use of the driving range.
- The SAPCA Open: 18-hole, two-player team competition from 10.00 am, with a two-tee start.
- Refreshments available at “The Halfway House”.
- Speciality holes of “nearest the pin”, “longest drive”, and “hit the green” on the formidable, signature 18th.
- Relaxation at the 19th hole.
- Three course Golfers’ Dinner, with wine from 7.00 pm.
- Charity auction in aid of MND
- Presentation of the prizes.
The cost for the full day is £125 (+ VAT) per golfer. Member companies can enter one or more teams of two players, and/or individuals to be paired with other players.
Golf buggies are available to hire, please contact the pro shop directly on 01291 635205.
Members not playing in the tournament are invited to book places at the networking lunch (£30 + VAT) and the Golfers’ Dinner in the evening (£50 + VAT). Please note that the cost of the dinner is already included for golfers, and so does not need to be booked separately for those playing in the competition.
How to Register
To book your places for the day please use the online form here.
The booking form requests information about the golfers and other attendees, (such as names, handicaps, email address etc.), but if any of this is not yet known then that’s no problem, additional information can be submitted later once places have been booked.
As you will see, payment should be made online when booking, and a receipt will then be provided automatically.
Cancellations can be made up to one week beforehand (Wednesday 21 June), for which there would be a small administration charge (10%). No refunds can be provided for any cancellations after that date.
Joining instructions (including tee times) will be sent out to all participants in advance.
Overnight B&B accommodation at the Hotel can be booked directly with the hotel online at the special rate of £135 (inc. VAT) for a single room, or £145 (inc. VAT) for a twin.
We have an allocation of bedrooms held for the night of Wednesday 28 June, and a smaller number for the Tuesday 27 night as well, should anyone prefer to arrive the day before. These are all available on a first come, first served basis.
To book the rooms please call Marriott central reservations team on 01291 625261 and quote the code: C3Z.
SAPCA have secured additional rooms at the nearby Two Rivers Hotel in Chepstow once our allocation at St Pierre has been taken up.
Members should call 01291 629159, choose the room reservations option and quote the code: BK050253.
Click or tap [here] to or scan the QR code below save the date.