We are grateful to these companies for supporting the 2019 SAPCA Technical Meeting:
SAPCA’s annual Technical Meeting is a valuable educational event for the sports and play construction industry, with a programme of expert speakers, covering the most important subjects and issues of the day, together with an exhibition of leading suppliers. The Technical Meeting is open to everyone working within the industry, whether or not they are members of SAPCA. The event provides an excellent opportunity to network with colleagues from across the sports and play industry, as well as with our guests from key sports and play organisations and funding bodies.
This year’s Programme includes a wide variety of topics relating to sports and play surfaces, both natural and synthetic, outdoors and indoors.
- Hybrid Pitches – Review of the Latest Systems
- Refurbishment of Natural Turf Pitches for Community Use
- Pitch Preparation for a Champions League Final
- New UEFA Performance Standards for Natural Turf Football Pitches
- New Developments in Synthetic Turf
- The Development of Non-Infill Turf
- New Yarns to Reduce Water Demand on Hockey Pitches
- 100% Recyclable Turf – Is it here yet?
- Recycling Synthetic Turf Systems
- Microplastics and Infills – Environmental Implications
- Maximising the Play Value of a Modern Facility
- Latest Standards for Play Equipment and Surfaces
- Understanding HIC and its Application for Sports and Play Systems
- Legal Responsibilities for Suppliers, Installers and Owners
Standards and Regulations
- New ITF Test Methods for Tennis Surface Performance
- New FIBA Manual for Basketball Courts
- Review of Biomechanics Research Relating to Synthetic Pitches
- Waste management Regulations – the Importance of Compliance
- New Code of Practice for the Design, Specification and Testing of Bases
- New Code of Practice for the Construction of Outdoor MUGAs
The Delegate Fee for the day is just £180 + VAT, with a 50% discount for SAPCA members. There is an optional networking Dinner in the evening, at a cost of £40 + VAT, which will be held at the Burleigh Court Hotel, located nearby on the Loughborough University campus.
To book places, click below for the online Booking Forms.
All bookings for hotel accommodation at Burleigh Court should be made through the Reservations Department of Imago on 01509 633033, quoting SAPCA (and if necessary the reference number 342925). The cost for B&B is either £96 (inc VAT) for an Executive room, or £69 (inc VAT) in their Lodge. More details are available from the Imago web site at www.welcometoimago.com. Other local hotels are available in Loughborough if required.