SAPCA’s Codes of Practice summarise the current requirements of installation and maintenance across a range of sports surfaces and associated equipment, including input the relevant governing body and relevant standards where appropriate.
The latest Code of Practice published by SAPCA is for The Construction of Padel Courts. It is available as a free download here.
Download the appropriate Code of Practice for up-to-date information to ensure competence, understanding and best practice installation and maintenance.
Remember, these documents are intended as a guide to ensure standards and quality from SAPCA members. They are not designed to form part of a contract or to be used as specification in their own right.
Every project is different; it is important to carry out appropriate surveys and obtain professional advice, including confirming whether there are any technical requirements related to funding provision.
- The Construction of Padel Courts (1st Ed. Mar 2021)
- The Selection and Use of Sports Performance Infills in 3G Artificial Turf (1st Ed, Feb 2021)
- Design, Specification & Testing of Bases for Outdoor Synthetic Sport Areas (2nd Ed, Aug 2020)
- The Maintenance of Synthetic Surfaces (2nd Ed, Apr 2004)
- The Installation and Maintenance of Wet Pour Surfacing (1st Ed, Jan 2009)
- The Design, Construction and Improvement of Natural Turf (1st Ed. Jun 2010)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Tennis Courts (3rd Ed, Apr 2018)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches (3rd Ed, Jan 2009)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Fencing Systems (1st Ed, Jul 2006)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Athletics Tracks (2nd Ed, May 2005)