SAPCA’s Codes of Practice summarise the current requirements of installation and maintenance across a range of sports surfaces and associated equipment, including input the relevant governing body and relevant standards where appropriate.
Download the appropriate Code of Practice for up-to-date information to ensure competence, understanding and best practice installation and maintenance.
Remember, these documents are intended as a guide to ensure standards and quality from SAPCA members. They are not designed to form part of a contract or to be used as specification in their own right.
Every project is different; it is important to carry out appropriate surveys and obtain professional advice, including confirming whether there are any technical requirements related to funding provision.
- The Construction of Outdoor Multi Use Games Areas (1st Ed. Sep 2021)
- The Construction of Padel Courts (1st Ed. Mar 2021)
- The Selection and Use of Sports Performance Infills in 3G Artificial Turf (1st Ed, Feb 2021)
- Design, Specification & Testing of Bases for Outdoor Synthetic Sport Areas (2nd Ed, Aug 2020)
- The Maintenance of Synthetic Surfaces (2nd Ed, Apr 2004)
- The Installation and Maintenance of Wet Pour Surfacing (1st Ed, Jan 2009)
- The Design, Construction and Improvement of Natural Turf (1st Ed. Jun 2010)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Tennis Courts (3rd Ed, Apr 2018)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches (3rd Ed, Jan 2009)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Fencing Systems (1st Ed, Jul 2006)
- The Construction and Maintenance of Athletics Tracks (2nd Ed, May 2005)