The International Association for Sports and Leisure Facilities (IAKS) is a non-profit organization concerned globally with the subject of the design, construction, equipping and maintenance of sports facilities and sports-oriented leisure facilities and shares its experience in the collection, evaluation and dissemination of information on sports facility construction worldwide.
It has therefore been awarded the status of Recognized Organization by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- advises members on planning and operation
- provides consultation on all aspects of sports facility construction – covering everything from individual projects to Olympic bids
- organizes congresses, meetings of specialists, seminars and international conferences
- gives “IOC/IAKS AWARD” for exemplary sports and leisrue facilities and “IPC/IAKS distinction for accessibility
- edits „sports facilities and swimming pools“ (sb), the bimonthly journal, which is devoted to the latest trends and information on the key themes of sports grounds/stadia, sports halls, pools/saunas, facilities for special sports, and winter sports facilities.