The NZ Sports Turf Institute (NZSTI) is New Zealand’s leading sports turf consultancy group. The Institute is an independent, industry-funded advisory service. Founded in 1949, it is the centre for sports turf consultancy, research and training in New Zealand.
The Institute has 5 regional offices in New Zealand (including the National Turf Training Centre) in addition to offices in Malaysia and Australia. NZSTI employs 25 staff, including 10 professionally-trained advisors with a wide range of experience and specialities.
NZSTI services for natural and synthetic surfaces include:
- Feasibility studies
- Design, preparation of working drawings and specifications
- Project tendering and reporting
- Project supervision and management
- Laboratory, analytical and diagnostic services
- Maintenance consultancy
- Accredited performance testing and sportsfield quality and safety auditing
- Training in grounds maintenance
- Educational publications including the NZ Turf Management Journal